The DAISY Pipeline is a cross-platform, open source framework for DTB-related document transformations. It provides a comprehensive solution for converting text documents into accessible formats for people with print disabilities.
- Support the single source master approach
- Developed for and with the DAISY community
- Validation of various formats (including DAISY XML, DAISY 3, DAISY 2.02)
- A wide list of transformations
- DAISY XML (DTBook) to DAISY 3 and DAISY 2.02 full-text full-audio (TTS Narrator)
- DAISY XML (DTBook) to DAISY 2.02 or DAISY 3 text-only file sets
- DAISY 2.02 to/from DAISY 3 conversion
- MP3 Playlist generator
- Braille-in-DAISY PEF processing
The DAISY Pipeline is a versatile tool that is available in multiple flavors:
- DAISY Pipeline GUI: the popular standalone desktop application
- DAISY Pipeline Command Line Tool: the most basic interface, to use in a command line environment
- DAISY Pipeline Lite: an embeddable minimalist GUI made of a set of dialog windows
- DAISY PipeOnline: a Web-based user interface to run the Pipeline over the wire
- DAISY Pipeline WS: a web service layer on top of the Pipeline utility
To download the latest Pipeline version 20111215 with its cross-platform GUI:
See the release notes for more information.
You can also visit the Pipeline GUI SourceForge Downloads to get older versions.
Pipeline command-line tool
To download the Pipeline Core packages (use this version if you are running the Pipeline via the shell/commandline, or as an embedded service):
You can also visit the Pipeline Core SourceForge Downloads to get the sources and older versions.
- A list of Pipeline Add-Ins can be used to extend some transformers in the processing chain
- JAWS scripts are also available on the code repository to work around the known accessibility issues of the DAISY Pipeline GUI.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the FAQ for quick information on the DAISY Pipeline.
The reference documentation for the DAISY Pipeline can be found at the following locations:
- End User Documentation Index
- DAISY Pipeline GUI User Guide (a detailed UI walkthrough with screenshots)
- Script Documentation (a comprehensive list of the available transformations)
- Developer Documentation Index
Dedicated documentation is also available for the following Pipeline sub-projects:
For developers documentation, please see the Development section.
If you want some help and don’t find your answer in the documentation, the best place to get some support is the Pipeline Forum.
If you want to keep the discussion private, or for any other matter, please use the DAISY Contact Form.
DAISYpedia, the community-driven resource for training and technical support material, is a great source of information. See the DAISYpedia Pipeline Overviewpage for mini-tutorials and step-by-step description of some of the most popular Pipeline use cases.
Κατηγορία: DAISY – Προσβασιμότητα Κειμένων
Αναπηρία: Κινητική Αναπηρία – Τύφλωση – Χαμηλή Όραση