What is NVDA?
NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) is a free “screen reader” which enables blind and vision impaired people to use computers. It reads the text on the screen in a computerised voice. You can control what is read to you by moving the cursor to the relevant area of text with a mouse or the arrows on your keyboard.
NVDA can also convert the text into braille if the computer user owns a device called a “braille display”.
NVDA provides the key to education and employment for many blind people. It also provides access to social networking, online shopping, banking and news.
Normally screen readers are expensive, making them unaffordable for many blind people. NVDA is free. It’s been downloaded 70,000+ times, in 43 languages.
How NVDA is Used
- Download NVDA to your home PC or laptop or work pc.
- Connect with others – email, Skype, social networking.
- Stay informed – browse the web, read news, download books.
- Enjoy independence – online shopping, banking, transport info.
- No cost to your employer – NVDA is free!
- Carry NVDA on a USB flash drive to use with any computer.
Download NVDA 2016.1, the latest version of the free screen reader made by users for users.
The NVDA screen reader can be downloaded free of charge by anyone. This allows some of the world’s poorest blind people access to computers, and a way out of poverty.
If you have the means, no matter how big or small, please consider making a donation before downloading NVDA. We rely on donations and grants to continue improving NVDA and to ensure it remains compatible with the world’s rapidly changing technology.
Κατηγορία: Ανάγνωση Οθόνης
Αναπηρία: Τύφλωση – Χαμηλή Όραση